Sunday, January 8, 2012

Crab Rangoonies from Hungry Girl


  • I saw this recipe on an episode of Hungry Girl on Food Network. These make great appetizers or hearty snacks. 

  • 1 pkg. imitation crab meat (I used 12oz)
  • 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 pkg fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
  • 3 wedges The Laughing Cow brand cheese (I used low-fat swiss)
  • 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium or lite soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
  • I pkg wonton wrappers 

  • Optional dipping sauce: sweet and sour sauce, Chinese-style hot mustard, soy sauce, etc. 

 

1. Chop crab, green onion and garlic and add to bowl. Mix in cream cheese and Laughing Cow cheese until well combined. 

2. Add soy sauce and garlic. Be sure to taste the mixture before stuffing the wontons, and adjust seasoning to personal preference. 
 3. Add about 1 teaspoon of filling to each wrapper. Using a small bowl of water, wet your finger and trace the edges of the wrapper. Fold it over onto the wet edges and push down to seal. Arranging them in the pattern above will maximize your baking pan space. 

4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes per side. Serve warm! 

3 comments:

  1. Your grandmother would have loved these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ran across my blog pics being pinned on pinterest. I have arrived, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a homemade Cheez-It recipe that I want to try that made me think of her. :-)

    ReplyDelete